Dr Bessell has a special clinical interest in skin cancer, Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. He is now engaged entirely in private practice at the Park Hospital Nottingham and GenesisCare Nottingham. Dr Bessell is an honorary consultant at Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust where he was a consultant in NHS practice from 1985 -2011. He received his oncology training at the Hammersmith Hospital, London and The Royal Marsden Hospital, London.
He has published over 100 papers in the field of oncology and has referred over 12,000 new patients with a cancer diagnosis. Dr Bessell believes all patients with a cancer diagnosis should have a personalised approach to their care.
- Clinical Oncologist at Park Hospital Nottingham and GenesisCare Nottingham
- Honorary consultant at Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust where he was a consultant in NHS practice from 1985 -2011
- Hammersmith Hospital, London
- The Royal Marsden Hospital, London
- Skin cancer, Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (RCR)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Chemoradiotherapy with Brachytherapy or Electron Therapy Boost for Locally Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Anus—Reducing the Colostomy Rate (March 2017)
- Delineating Outcomes of Patients with Diffuse Large B cell lymphoma using the National Comprehensive Cancer Network-International Prognostic Index and Positron Emission Tomography-defined Remission Status; a Population-based Analysis (November 2015)
- Era-by-Era Improvement in Survival for Elderly Patients with Hodgkin Lymphoma; Outcome data from a Large Population-based cohort (September 2015)
- Diagnosis and treatment of primary CNS lymphoma in immunocompetent patients: Guidelines from the European Association for Neuro-Oncology (July 2015)
- Hodgkin’s Disease (1973-2002): Long-Term Survival and Cure Fractions. (August 2014)