Special clinical interests in thoracic oncology, upper gastrointestinal tract cancer, lung cancer, neuroendocrine & thymic tumours, mesothelioma & cancer of unknown primary.
Dr Gilligan trained at the University of Edinburgh and the University of Cambridge. He works at Addenbrooke’s and Royal Papworth Hospitals in Cambridge and is an Associate Lecturer at the University of Cambridge. His specialist training in oncology was at The Christie Hospital, The Royal Marsden Hospital, and University College Hospitals, London. Dr Gilligan has been a member of the NCRI Lung Cancer Studies Group and is currently a member of Council, Royal College of Radiologists and of the NHS England Lung Cancer Expert Group. He sits on the Steering Committee of the British Thoracic Oncology Group (BTOG). He is a specialist advisor to Cancer Backup and CancerHelpUK, the patient information arm of Cancer Research UK.
- Medical oncology
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant, Addenbrooke’s NHS Trust Hospital Cambridge, and Papworth Hospital Cambridgeshire
- Thoracic oncology
- Oesophago-gastric tumours
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (FRCPE)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of the Cancer Research Institute (CRI) Lung Cancer Studies Group
- Member of Council, Royal College of Radiologists
- Member of the NHS England Lung Cancer Expert Group
- Member of the Steering Committee of the British Thoracic Oncology Group (BTOG)