Dr David Bloomfield is a recognised Consultant Clinical Oncologist based in Portsmouth, Brighton and Sussex who specialises in breast and urological cancers. After being appointed as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist in Sussex in 1998, he founded the Sussex Cancer Research Network and led Oncology as Head of Department until 2004. Following this, Dr Bloomfield was then appointed as Principal Lead Clinician for Cancer Services until 2006.
With a longstanding interest in teaching, Dr Bloomfield supported the establishment of the MSc in Oncology at the Institute of Cancer Research where is appointed as Joint Course Director.
He is also a member of the Specialist Training Advisory Committee for Clinical Oncology where he has led an initiative to incorporate Quality improvement into the current curriculum. Following this, in 2012 Dr Bloomfield was nominated and appointed to Council of the Royal College of Radiologists.
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist based in Portsmouth, Brighton and Sussex
- Joint Course Director of the MSc in Oncology at the Institute of Cancer Research
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist in Sussex in 1998
- Principal Lead Clinician for Cancer Services until 2006
Expertise and interests
- Breast and urological cancers
- Biological therapy
- Complex radiotherapy
- Hormone therapy
- Fellow Royal College of Radiologists
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Curriculum Sub-Committee of Royal College of Radiologists