Special clinical interest in prostate disease (including prostate cancer), urological oncology, bladder cancer, kidney (renal) cancer, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and paediatric oncology.
Dr is a Clinical Oncologist specialising in prostate, bladder and kidney cancers. He is Clinical Service Lead for oncology at University Hospital Birmingham, the major regional referral service and leads a team of over 25 oncologists.
Dr Ford is actively involved in and deeply committed to cancer research. He is a deputy clinical cancer lead for the West Midlands NIHR Clinical Research Network, whose role is to support and promote research activity across the region. His work includes being the local lead of the PACE trial looking at profound hypofractionation techniques for localised prostate cancer and helping to advance SABR (stereotactic ablative radiotherapy), precision technology originally developed for brain and lung cancer, now being applied to other areas such as metastatic prostate cancer. He is experienced in providing and evaluating all oncological treatments for prostate, kidney and bladder cancer including prostate brachytherapy.
- Radiotherapy including SABR, prostate brachytherapy and external beam
- Chemotherapy and other treatments for urological cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancers
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist Spire Parkway Hospital, Solihull
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist BMI The Priory Hospital, Edgbaston
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist Spire, Little Aston Hospital, Sutton Coldfield
- Royal College of Radiologists