Dr Charles Lowdell trained at Charing Cross Hospital Medical School and he completed his medical training in London. His oncology training was at The Royal Marsden, Charing Cross and Westminster Hospitals and in Yorkshire where he spent two years in full time clinical and laboratory research, investigating and developing photodynamic therapy for cancer management.
He is a consultant clinical oncologist at Imperial College NHS Trust, where he has also held the post of lead clinician for breast and lung cancer. He is Honorary Consultant in oncology at Chelsea and Westminster, West Middlesex, Queen Mary’s and Kingston Hospitals and an honorary senior lecturer at Imperial College School of Science, Technology and Medicine. He has a broad clinical practice with a major interest in breast and gastro-intestinal malignancy.
He is a principal investigator in a large number of cancer trials and contributes to national studies in breast, lung, gastro-intestinal cancer and lymphomas
- Consultant clinical oncologist at Imperial College NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant in oncology at Chelsea and Westminster, West Middlesex, Queen Mary’s and Kingston Hospitals
- Honorary senior lecturer at Imperial College School of Science, Technology and Medicine
- trained at Charing Cross Hospital Medical School
Dr Charles Lowdell has a special clinical interest in chemotherapy of common tumours; external beam radiotherapy including Conformal radiotherapy ; tomotherapy ; IMRT ; rapid arc ; VMAT ; and stereotactic radiotherapy ; Cyberknife treatments. Radioiodine therapy for thyroid cancers and superficial radiotherapy for skin cancers. Medical management of skin tumours; chemotherapy and radiotherapy for thyroid disorders; thyroid malignancies; gastro-intestinal oncology; breast cancer and lung cancer.
- British Medical Association.
- European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology.
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists.
- Membership of the British Oncological Association
- Membership of the British Institute of Radiology.
- Fellowship of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Fellow Royal Geographical Society
- Member of The West London Medico – Chirurgical Society.
- 1990 Sterling Oncology Award
British Oncology Association
- 1990 Ross Award.
Annual Scientific Meeting.
Royal College of Radiologists. Edinburgh
- More than 40 papers published and various journals