Special clinical interest in breast and skin cancer.
Dr Makris trained in medicine at Oxford University and Sheffield University Medical School, graduating in 1985.
He trained in clinical oncology at Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield and The Royal Marsden Hospital, London. In 1997 he was appointed Senior Lecturer and Consultant in Clinical Oncology at the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre. He is the Clinical Lead for Research for the Mount Vernon Network.
He has an active research programme evaluating the use of biomarkers in determining response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Hormone therapy
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy
- Prognostic/predictive markers
- Functional imaging
- Endocrine therapy
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP)
- Member of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Member of the British Association of Cancer Research (BACR)
- Member of the British Oncology Association (BOA)