Dr Alex Martin is a clinical oncologist working at West Suffolk and Addenbrooke’s Hospitals, specialising in the treatment of prostate, bladder and lung cancers. He uses radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted systemic treatments and immunotherapy in his clinical practice.
Dr Martin studied medicine at Cambridge University, and then University of Oxford, before completing his oncology training in London. During his training he spent two and a half years at the CyberKnife Centre, London, gaining clinical and research experience in radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiotherapy (SABR).
He has continued this interest in technical radiotherapy throughout his consultant career, and is experienced in the use of SABR for lung and prostate cancer.
He is the local Principal Investigator (PI) for clinical trials of SABR for prostate cancer and metastatic disease and has been the local lead for several other radiotherapy and systemic therapy trials.
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, West Suffolk and Addenbrooke’s Hospitals
- Bachelor of Medicine at Cambridge University
- Radiosurgery (SRS) and SABR
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of the General Medical Council (GMC)
- The British Uro-Oncology Group (BUG)
- UK SABR