Centre for diagnostics, oncology and wellbeing
Fast access to diagnostics and cancer treatment in Windsor.
Easy access to treatments and services
Accessing the treatments you need couldn’t be easier.
There’s no waiting list. Your treatment can usually start within 5 days from referral. We also offer same day diagnostic appointments.
We’re recognised by all the major private medical insurers and we also offer a range of self-pay options. We can help with the paperwork too.
At Windsor we offer:
We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) enabling:
- o Tattoo free treatments
o Faceless shells for patients with brain and head and neck cancers – this provides a less claustrophobic experience
o Quick daily treatment set-up reducing the time you spend in the centre each day
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days.
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost.
Our centre is the first location outside of London to offer Theranostics – a personalised approach to cancer treatment. It combines therapy and diagnostics to target cancer cells and is particularly effective for cancers that are difficult to treat.
We provide a full complement of chemotherapy regimes for oncology and haematology, and targeted therapies such as supportive infusions.
Treatment is provided across a suite of dedicated personal rooms with television, internet access, drinks facilities and lunch if required. And there’s a comfortable lounge for your friends and relatives.
Our telephone advice line is available 24-hours, 7 days a week for our chemotherapy patients and their relatives, assessing issues, offering appropriate advice and liaising with your consultant if necessary.
Exercise can support your health before, during and after cancer treatment, which is why we offer specialised exercise medicine at our Windsor centre as part of your treatment plan.
We believe that its important to not just treat your cancer but to treat you. We work with Penny Brohn UK, to provide complementary therapies as part of your treatment at no additional cost to you or your insurance company. These include counselling and holistic treatments such as, reflexology and relaxation as well as mindfulness meditation for our patients and their families.
The little big things
Parking, transport and appointment times – they all matter. We’ll do everything we can to help you get on with your life throughout your treatment plan.
And that’s why we offer:
- Fast access when you need it
- A carefully scheduled treatment programme
- A choice of consultation times
- A comfortable, modern, calm and relaxing environment
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly and supportive team
- A wellbeing programme to support you through your treatment
- A private car service for radiotherapy and chemotherapy patients if required
We have a whole team of experts – from consultant oncologists, haematologists, and radiologists to specialist nurses, radiographers, wellbeing practitioners and patient support staff. And they’re all here to help you.
Once you’re referred to us, we’ll contact you to arrange an initial planning appointment. We will talk you through what to expect and answer any questions you have.
Dr Ruth Davis
Dr Richard Brown
Dr Paul Rogers
Dr Nicola Dallas
Dr Helen O’Donnell
Dr Joss Adams
Dr James Gildersleve
Dr Esme Hill
Dr Alice Freebairn
Dr Richard Shaffer
Dr Stephen Mangar
Dr Prabir Chakraborti
Dr Neville Menezes
Mr Philip Charlesworth
How to find us
From the M4
From the M40 leave at junction 4 towards High Wycombe/Marlow/Maidenhead. At Handy Cross roundabout take the 4th exit towards Windsor and Maidenhead on the A404(M). At Bisham roundabout take the second exit continuing on the A404(M). At the next roundabout take the second exit onto the M4 slip road signposted to London. Merge on to the M4. At junction 6 exit the M4 towards the A355 Slough (Central) Windsor. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A355. Continue onto Royal Windsor Way/A332 for 1.2miles. Continue straight onto Goslar Way/A308. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Alma Road. GenesisCare is on the left hand side behind the Holiday Inn Express.
From the M3
From Junction 3 leave the M3 taking the A322 exit to Woking/Bracknell/Lightwater. At the first roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A322. Continue to the second roundabout, taking the 2nd exit onto the Windsor Road/A332. Follow this road for 2.3miles taking the 4th exit at the next roundabout onto the A332. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto Osbourne road/A308. Keeping right, continue on to Alma Road/A308. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Alma Road. GenesisCare is on the left hand side behind the Holiday Inn Express.