Centre for radiotherapy and wellbeing
Offering fast access to cancer treatment in Portsmouth.
Easy access to treatments and services
Accessing the treatments you need couldn’t be easier. There’s no waiting list – your treatment can usually start within 5 days of referral.
We’re recognised by all the major private medical insurers and we also offer a range of self-pay options. We can help with the paperwork too.
At Portsmouth we offer:
We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) enabling:
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site.
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- o Tattoo free treatments
o Faceless shells for patients with brain and head and neck cancers – this provides a less claustrophobic experience
o Quick daily treatment set-up reducing the time you spend in the centre each day
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days.
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost.
We believe that its important to not just treat your cancer but to treat you. We work with Penny Brohn UK, to provide complementary therapies as part of your treatment at no additional cost to you or your insurance company. These include counselling and holistic treatments such as, reflexology and relaxation as well as mindfulness meditation for our patients and their families.
When you’re worried about your health, you need to find answers fast. We offer specialist Urology Diagnostics and Well Woman Clinics should you have a concern.
The big little things
Parking, transport and appointment times – they all matter. We’ll do everything we can to help you get on with your life throughout your treatment plan.
And that’s why we offer:
- Fast access when you need it
- A carefully scheduled treatment programme
- A choice of consultation times
- A comfortable, modern, calm and relaxing environment
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly and supportive team
- A wellbeing programme to support you through your treatment
- A private car service for radiotherapy patients if required
We have a whole team of experts – from consultant oncologists, haematologists, and radiologists to specialist nurses, radiographers, wellbeing practitioners and patient support staff. And they’re all here to help you.
Once you’re referred to us, we’ll contact you to arrange an initial planning appointment. We will talk you through what to expect and answer any questions you have.
How to find us
From the north and A3
Leave the A3M at the B2149 junction to Emsworth and take the 1st exit off the roundabout signposted for Rowlands Castle and Emsworth. Go straight on at the first roundabout (approx 100 yards) and continue for 1.5 miles on the B2149 until you reach two mini roundabouts. Go straight on at the first and then bear left at the second onto the B2148 Whichers Gate Road, passing a Harvester public house on the left. Continue for approximately 1.5 miles and then turn right into Bartons Road. GenesisCare South Downs centre entrance is 200 yards on the right.
From the east, (Chichester)
Follow the A27 to Havant and turn off at the junction signposted B2149 Havant/Hayling Island and take the third exit off the roundabout. Travel along this road, passing through the centre of Havant, continuing straight on at the next roundabout onto the Petersfield Road. At the fourth set of traffic lights turn right into Bartons Road. Travel for one mile along Bartons Road and the centre's entrance is located on the left.
From the west, (Portsmouth and Southampton
Follow the A27 to Havant and turn off at the junction signposted B2149 Havant/Hayling Island, taking the first exit off the roundabout. Travel along this road, passing through the centre of Havant, continuing straight on at the next roundabout onto the Petersfield Road. At the fourth set of traffic lights turn right into Bartons Road. Travel for one mile along Bartons Road and the centre's entrance is located on the left.
Genesis Care, Portsmouth is a short taxi ride from Havant train station.