Centre for radiotherapy
Fast access to cancer treatment in Guildford.
Easy access to treatments and services
Accessing the treatments you need couldn’t be easier.
There’s no waiting list. Your treatment can usually start within 5 days of referral.
We’re recognised by all the major private medical insurers and we also offer a range of self-pay options. We can help with the paperwork too.
At Guildford we offer:
- Advanced radiotherapy
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) enabling:
- Tattoo free treatments
- Faceless shells for patients with brain and head and neck cancers – this provides a less claustrophobic experience
- Quick daily treatment set-up reducing the time you spend in the centre each day.
We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site.
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days.
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost.
The little big things
Parking, transport and appointment times – they all matter. We’ll do everything we can to help you get on with your life throughout your treatment plan.
And that’s why we offer:
- Fast access when you need it
- A carefully scheduled treatment programme
- A choice of consultation times
- A comfortable, modern, calm and relaxing environment
- Limited free on-site parking. (Additional public car parks are available in Sydenham Road and Bright Hill)
- Friendly and supportive team
- A private car service for radiotherapy patients if required
We have a whole team of experts – from consultant oncologists, haematologists, and radiologists to specialist nurses, radiographers and patient support staff. And they’re all here to help you.
Once you’re referred to us, we’ll contact you to arrange an initial planning appointment. We will talk you through what to expect and answer any questions you have.
How to find us
From M25 London Orbital
Exit the Motorway at Junction 10 (signed to London S.W./Guildford/Kingston) and follow the A3 (S). Leave the A3 at the Burpham Exit and join the A3100 (London Road). Follow the A3100 over five roundabouts. At the next traffic lights turn left into Waterden Road and cross Epsom Road into Harvey Road. The hospital can be found on the left at the top of Harvey Road.
From A3 northbound and Portsmouth
Follow the A3 until the Guildford (A322) Exit. At the roundabout take the second exit (A25). Remain on the A25 and at the third traffic lights turn right into Stoke Road sign posted to Guildford College. Remain on Stoke Road over one roundabout and at the second traffic lights turn left into York Road. Go straight through the next two traffic lights, first onto Waterden Road, then onto Harvey Road.
On-site parking is limited. Additional public car parks are available in Sydenham Road and Bright Hill. There are also pay and display roadside parking bays outside the hospital and all-day parking available at London Road Station and York Road. A Free of charge taxi service may be available. Please contact the centre for further information.
Guildford Station and Guildford London Road Station are on the main London Waterloo Line. Taxis are available outside both stations.