Centre for radiotherapy
Fast access to cancer treatment in Guildford.
We work in partnership with local medical professionals to deliver better care through state-of-the-art radiotherapy treatments. We also have a specialist on-site Dupuytren’s Clinic.
Easy access to treatments and services
Accessing the treatments you need couldn’t be easier.
There’s no waiting list. Your treatment can usually start within 5 days of referral.
We’re recognised by all the major private medical insurers and we also offer a range of self-pay options. We can help with the paperwork too.
At Guildford we offer:
We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) enabling:
- Tattoo free treatments
- Faceless shells for patients with brain and head and neck cancers – this provides a less claustrophobic experience
- Quick daily treatment set-up reducing the time you spend in the centre each day.
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site.
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days.
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost.
- Our Specialist Clinics – We offer a specialist Dupuytren’s clinic.