Clinical interest in lymphoma, myeloma, leukaemia, cellular therapies, thrombosis and general haematology
David graduated from medicine with honours from Monash University in 2006 and completed joint clinical and laboratory haematology training at Royal North Shore Hospital.
He has completed additional clinical fellowships in malignant haematology and cellular therapies at the BC Cancer Institute in Vancouver, Canada as well as Westmead and St Vincent’s Hospitals in Sydney.
David was appointed as a Staff Specialist with the Malignant Haematology and Stem Cell Transplant Service at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne in 2019, with an additional honorary consulting service to the lymphoma and myeloma clinic at Monash Health.
In 2021 David returned to Sydney to join the Haematology Department at Royal North Shore Hospital as a Staff Specialist.
David has a broad interest in malignant and non-malignant haematology, with a focus on patient-centred, evidence-based care. His research and education interests are in post-treatment survivorship outcomes and quality-of life.
David is interested in research especially in the areas of haematology, cellular therapies, and transplantation.
- Australasian Leukaemia and Lymphoma Group- Lymphoma, AML/MDS, BMT and Supportive Care working parties.
- eviQ- Haematology and BMT Reference Committees
- Haematology Society of Australia & New Zealand
- Australia and New Zealand Transplant and Cellular Therapies Society
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia
- Gottlieb D, Clancy L, Withers B, McGuire H, Luciani F, Singh M, Hughes B, Gloss B, Kliman D, Ma C, Panicker S, Bishop D, Dubosq M, Li Z, Avdic S, Micklethwaite K, Blyth E. Prophylactic antigen-specific T-cells targeting seven viral and fungal pathogens after allogeneic haemopoietic stem cell transplant. Clin Transl Immunology. 2021;10(3).
- Tan J, Das T, Kliman D, Muirhead J, Gorniak M, Kalff A, Walker P, Spencer A. Evaluation of EuroFlow minimal residual disease measurement and donor chimerism monitoring following tandem auto-allogeneic transplantation for multiple myeloma. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2021;56(5):1116-1125.
- Das T, Kipp D, Kliman D, Patil S, Curtis D, O’Brien M, Swain M, Widjada J, Cooke R, Ziino M, Spencer A. Important factors in implementation of lineage-specific chimerism analysis for routine use. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2021;56(4):946-948.
- Cashman H, Mayson E, Kliman D, Kesby J, Bell J, Vachalec S, Withers B, Lavee O, Milliken S, Moore J, Hamad N. An integrated electronic health record facilitates a safer and more efficient rural outreach haematology service. Int J Med. 2021;51(11):1869-1875.
- Kliman D, Nivison-Smith I, Gottlieb D, Hamad N, Kerridge I, Purtill D, Szer J, Ma D. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Recipients Surviving at Least 2 Years from Transplant Have Survival Rates Approaching Population Levels in the Modern Era of Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2020;26(9):1171-1718.