GenesisCare Kurralta Park offers oncology services including radiation therapy.
About the centre
Parking, transport and appointment times – they all matter. We’ll do everything we can to ease the burden of your treatment plan and help you get on with your life.
Learn more about radiation therapy treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer at GenesisCare. Click here for further details.
Adelaide Oncology & Haematology Partnership
In November 2021, GenesisCare announced a new strategic partnership with leading medical oncology & haematology provider, Adelaide Oncology & Haematology. Adelaide Oncology & Haematology’s team is made up of over 25 specialist oncology, haematology, surgical and supportive care physicians, who work across six centres in Adelaide. For more information please click here.
- Fast access to care when you need it
- An individualised scheduled treatment program
- A comfortable, modern, calm and relaxing environment
- On-site parking available
- Transport from GHL accommodation for remote patients staying in Adelaide
Our treatments and services
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) for left-sided Breast treatment
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR)
- Radiation therapy for non-melanoma skin cancer
Allied health services
- Exercise Medicine by Referral to Lift Cancer Care Services
- Transport from GHL accommodation for rural and remote patients staying in Adelaide
New prostate cancer treatment
Stereotactic Ablative Radiation Therapy (SABR), is traditionally used to treat lung, spine, liver and bone tumours, and tumours in individual lymph nodes. Due to advances in technology, SABR can now treat suitable prostate cancer patients. This treatment is only available at GenesisCare.
SABR accurately targets cancer cells with high doses of radiation therapy. The radiation therapy is typically delivered in five treatments with fewer side effects.1,2 SABR helps men get the treatment they need with minimal disruption to their lives.
- SBRT treatment protocols 2019. Data on file.
- Cancer Council NSW. Radiation therapy for brain cancer. Available at: https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/brain-cancer/treatment/radiotherapy/#Stereotactic-radiosurgery [Accessed 20/01/21]