Professor Plaha is a Consultant Neuro-oncology surgeon and Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Oxford. Since August 2012, he has been a consultant neurosurgeon at the John Radcliffe Oxford University Hospitals. He is Lead of Oxford Neuro oncology MDT since August 2012 and Lead for the Thames valley Cancer network for Brain tumours. He is chair of the Neuro oncology section for the Society of British Neurological Surgeons. He has developed new techniques for minimally invasive endoscopic resection of brain tumours. He has extensive experience in awake brain tumour surgery and has established advanced techniques for awake brain tumour surgery. He leads the Oxford surgical neuro oncology research group understanding neural networks affected by brain tumours, looking into novel surgical modalities which make brain surgery safer, understanding immunotherapy for brain tumours and novels clinical trials for brain cancer. He is presently Chief Investigator for the multi centre UK NIHR funded FUTURE-GB trial for glioblastoma.
- Consultant Neuro-oncology surgeon and Associate Professor of Neurosurgery, University of Oxford
- Consultant neurosurgeon, John Radcliffe Oxford University Hospitals
- Lead, Oxford Neuro oncology MDT
- Lead, Thames valley Cancer network for Brain tumours
- Chair of the Neuro oncology section, Society of British Neurological Surgeons.
- Endoscopic minimally invasive brain tumour surgery and awake surgery
- Edinburgh British Society of Neurological Surgeons
- British Neuro Oncology Society