Special clinical interests in breast cancer and gynaecological cancer.
Dr Jyothirmayi is a Consultant Clinical Oncologist specialising in breast cancer and gynaecological cancer. She obtained her basic medical qualification in 1990 and trained in oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital, London, St Thomas’ Hospital, London and the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton. She successfully completed the MRCP (UK) and received her FRCR postgraduate qualification in Clinical Oncology from the Royal College of Radiologists, London, in 1999.
Dr Jyothirmayi was appointed to her post at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust in January 2003. She supervises both chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and also performs brachytherapy for gynaecological cancer. She is a member of the multi-disciplinary teams for breast cancer and gynaecological cancer and is involved in clinical trials and research. She is also a Trustee of both the Pickering Cancer Drop-in Centre charity and the Breast Cancer Kent charity.
She completed the MA (Education in Clinical Settings) with distinction in 2011. She is actively involved in education and training of postgraduate oncology trainees and is a Course Director for the London MSc Oncology Course at the Institute of Cancer Research, London.
- Breast cancer
- Gynaecological cancers
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Kent Oncology Centre, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Clinical trials of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for breast cancer and gynaecological cancer
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, London (FRCR)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London (FRCP)
- Member Specialty Training Board for Oncology Postgraduate Education