Professor Winter has a specialist interest in tumours of the head and neck, both benign and malignant.
In addition, he is able to offer advice on a broad range of ENT problems. He is able to offer advice and treatment for conditions including salivary gland problems, sinus disease, ear problems, Snoring, Dysphagia (swallowing problems), Nasal polyps, Neck lumps.
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncology (BAHNO) Council
- ENT UK. Head and Neck Council
- National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI), Head and Neck Clinical Studies Group
Publications & affiliations
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guideline
- Cancer of the upper aerodigestive tract: assessment and management in people aged 16 and over. NICE guidelines [NG36]. (https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng36). Guidelines Development Group
- Head and neck cancer surgery during the COVID-19 pandemic: an international, multicentre, observational cohort study. [Winter SC, International cancer lead]. Cancer pub10.1002/cncr.33320
- Covid Surg Collaborative [Winter SC, Local PI]. Mortality and pulmonary complications in patients undergoing surgery with perioperative SARS-CoV-2 infection: an international cohort study. The Lancet. 396(10243), 27-38, 2020
- A retrospective case-control study of incidental findings on 18-FDG PET-CT in patients with head and neck cancer. Casselden E, Winter SC. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology. Jan;276(1):243-247. 2019
- Transoral tongue base mucosectomy for the identification of the primary site in cancers of unknown origin: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Saadia Farooq, Janine Dretzke, David Moore, Paul Christopher Nankivell, Stuart Winter, Vinidh Paleri, Mrganke De, F. Christopher Holsinger, Robert L. Ferris, Hisham Mehanna. Oral Oncology .91: 97-106, 2019