Christof Kastner is a Consultant Urologist based at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge and his specialist training took place in London.
Christof Kastner is an internationally recognised expert in assessment and treatment of benign and cancerous prostatic disease. With his colleagues in radiology, lead by Dr Tristan Barrett, he introduced MRI fusion technology to the UK and has been senior author of multiple publications, which have changed the approach to prostate cancer assessment. Their published results are amongst the top in the world.
The accuracy of his assessment with Transperineal Prostate Biopsies using MRI-US fusion guidance (M-TTP) allows Christof to counsel his patients with high confidence and inform about all treatment options, like radiation, surgery, surveillance and brachytherapy for prostate cancer as well as spacer insertion.
For patients with symptoms suggesting obstructive enlargement of the prostate (LUTS) Mr Kastner offers Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate (HoLEP) – he has performed more than 1,000 HoLEPs since 2007.
- Prostate Cancer
- MRI / Imaging -based Prostate diagnostics and treatments
- Fusion prostate biopsies
- Prostate spacers
- Prostate brachytherapy
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia BPH / LUTS
- Holmium Laser treatment of LUTS
- General Urology
Publications & affiliations
- Consultant Urologist, Cambridge University Hospitals, Cambridge
- Professor of Urology, International Medical School, Rome, Italy
- Director of The Cambridge-MRI-Course.org
- Member of the British Association of Urological Surgeon BAUS
- Member of the European Association of Urologists EAU and ESUI (imaging society)
- Associated board member of the European Society of Urological Imaging ESUI
- Member of the Societe Internationale d’Urologie SIU