Mr Richard Lockyer
MBBS, BSc, MSc, MD, FRCS(Urol), Consultant Urological Surgeon
Mr Lockyer was appointed to Southampton University Hospital on 1st May 2008. His main interests are general urology, urological oncology and laparoscopy.
He qualified from The Royal London Hospital in 1993 and trained in Urology in London, Bristol and Southampton, including a British Urological Foundation funded clinical visit to The Cleveland Clinic.
His research degree (MD) was on superficial bladder cancer treated with intravesical BCG and he has several peer reviewed publications covering erectile dysfunction, stones, bladder, renal and testicular cancer.
Mr Lockyer is a member of the Medical Advisory Committee for Spire Southampton Hospital.
- Consultant Urological Surgeon at Southampton University Hospital
- Prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Benign prostate treatments
- Erectile dysfunction
- Kidney cancer treatment
- Urinary tract infections
- Testicular implants
- Laparoscopy investigation and treatment
- Hydrocele surgery
- Epididymal cysts removal
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Medical Association