- 2017: Karl Storz Harold Hopkins Golden telescope by BAUS, an award which recognises excellence in young urologists
- 2018: the Karl Storz Silver Cystoscope for recognising excellence in training urologists
Mr Wiseman specialises in the treatment of urinary tract stone disease. This includes use of the holmium laser to treat kidney stones, the metabolic investigation of patients with kidney stones, and in the minimally invasive management of patients with upper tract urothelial cancer. His other interest is in the management of male infertility, and he works together with Bourn Hall Clinic, the world famous infertility clinic, to offer men with fertility problems appropriate treatment. He also sees patients with general urological problems, and performs microsurgical reversal of vasectomy, with excellent audited results. In addition Mr Wiseman looks after patients with a wide range of urological conditions, including the investigation and management of patients with blood in the urine (haematuria), lower urinary tract symptoms, prostate problems, urinary infections (UTI), and testicular (eg: hydrocoele, testicular cancer, epididymal cyst) and penile problems (phimosis, circumcision).
Publications & affiliations
- Double JJ Ureteral Stenting: Encrustation and Tolerability.
Bibby LM, Wiseman OJ.Eur Urol Focus. 2020 Sep 9:S2405-4569(20)30256-X. doi: 10.1016/j.euf.2020.08.014
- Hexametaphosphate as a potential therapy for the dissolution and prevention of kidney stones.
Robinson TE, Hughes EAB, Wiseman OJ, Stapley SA, Cox SC, Grover LM.J Mater Chem B. 2020 Jun 24;8(24):5215-5224
- Characteristics of current digital single-use flexible ureteroscopes versus their reusable counterparts: an in-vitrocomparative analysis.
Dragos LB, Somani BK, Keller EX, De Coninck VMJ, Herrero MR, Kamphuis GM, Bres-Niewada E, Sener ET, Doizi S, Wiseman OJ, Traxer O.Transl Androl Urol. 2019 Sep;8(Suppl 4):S359-S370
- Effects of Silicone Hydrocoated Double Loop Ureteral Stent on Symptoms and Quality of Life in Patients Undergoing Flexible Ureteroscopy for Kidney Stone: A Randomized Multicentre Clinical Study. Wiseman O, Ventimiglia E, Doizi S, Kleinclauss F, Letendre J, Cloutier J, Traxer O. J Urol. 2020 May 4:101097JU0000000000001098. doi: 10.1097/JU.0000000000001098. [Epub ahead of print]
- Qualitative exploration of the renal stone patients’ experience and development of the renal stone-specific patient-reported outcome measure.
Ragab M, Baldin N, Collie J, Tran MGB, Al-Hayek S, S Parsy K, Armitage J, Wiseman O. BJU Int. 2020 Jan;125(1):123-132. doi: 10.1111/bju.14873. Epub 2019 Aug 1
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- Endourological Society
- European Society of Urological Technology
- British Medical Association