1) Distinction in MSc Surgical Sciences, Department of Surgery, Anaesthetic and Intensive Care, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith. London Nov 2004.
2) Best of the six best colorectal papers presented at the ASGBI Annual Scientific meeting Glasgow April 2005. Aslam M. Natarajan KT, Hanief MR, Ryan CJ; GTN Ointment in the Treatment of Early Symptomatic Haemorrhoids- A Prospective Randomised, Double-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Trial.
3) STAR (Staff Training And Recognition) Award for Individuals Learning and Development Achievements. This was towards my Leadership Management Project, granted by The West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust on March 2011.
4) Certificate of Local Teaching Hero awarded by the Educational Faculty of Imperial College based on Student On Line Evaluation 2011.
5) Staff Grade Optional Points awarded: 2 optional points in 2008 and 2 optional points 2010 by the West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust for contribution over and above contractual requirement.
6) The WOW Award: UK`s Only Customer Nominated Award for Delivering Great Service by South Devon Health Care Trust 2014.
- Breast Surgery, Benign and Malignant
- Reconstructive Breast Surgery
- Cancer services
- Breast Screening
- Breast services
Publications & affiliations
1) Leff D, Sait R, Hanief MR, Salakinathan S, Darzi A, Vashisht R; Inflammation of the residual appendicular stump: A Systematic Literature Review published in Colorectal DiseaseColorectal Disease 2012.
2) Hanief MR, Lamb BW, Rajendran I, Wilding L, Aref F, Vashisht R: The role of breast imaging in macrolane injection- a review and report of three cases: European Journal of Radiology 2011.
3) Hanief MR, Yongue G, Leff D. Lamb B. Karim S. Aref F, Vashisht R; A painful perineal lump: an unsual case of ectopic breast tissue: Case report and review of literature, Annals of Royal College of Surgeons 2011.
4) De Rosa A, Oyewole K, Hanief MR. Vashisht R; A Complication of Acute Pancreatitis: Lumbar Vessel Rupture: Case Report and Review of Literature; The Internet Journal of Surgery.2010, Volume 22, Number 2.
5) Hanief MR, Igali L, Grama D; Hürthle Cell Carcinoma: Case Report and Review of Literature: World Journal of Surgical Oncology Published on 11 August 2004 PMID: 15306032.
6) Hanief MR; MSc Thesis on The Role of Vector Volume Manometry in the investigation of Anal Incontinence: Does Vector volume manometry complement Endoanal Ultrasound Scan. Submitted to the Imperial College University of London Sept 2004.
- Royal College of Surgeons England (RCS England)
- Association of Breast Surgeons (ABS)
- Association of Surgeons Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical and Dental Defence Union Scotland (MDDUS)
- General Medical Council (GMC)