Michal is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon and his NHS practice is at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
He studied medicine at Masaryk University in Czech Republic. He started his General Surgery training in Czech Republic and from 2009 trained in major centres in London. He subspecialised in Breast surgery and completed a renowned Oncoplastic Breast Surgery Fellowship at Frimley Park Hospital. His first consultant appointment was within King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Michal was involved in research from early on in his career. He completed laboratory-based research with Cardiff University towards his MD degree investigating pathways in development of breast cancer and therapy resistance. He published in peer reviewed journals and presented widely on many national and international conferences.
Michal is a fully oncoplastic trained breast surgeon specialising in the management of benign and malignant breast conditions. He is proficient in breast conservation and breast reconstruction techniques including partial breast reconstruction and symmetrising operations.
- Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
- Masaryk University, Czech Republic
- Cardiff University
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery Fellowship, Frimley Park Hospital
- King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- Management of benign breast conditions including benign breast lumps, nipple discharge, and management of breast pain
- Breast cancer treatment
- Breast-conserving surgery – wide local excision with partial breast reconstruction using chest wall perforator flaps, therapeutic mammoplasty
- Mastectomy and breast reconstruction (immediate or delayed)
- Breast reduction
- Association of Breast Surgery (ABS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)