Mr Kaiyumars Contractor
FRCSEd, Phd, FEBS, Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
I did my primary under-graduation degree from Bombay, India and then pursued my Post-graduation for the MS (Master of Surgery) degree at Tata Memorial Cancer Centre India where I trained in all aspects of Oncosurgery.
I currently am appointed as substantive Consultant Breast Surgeon at Frimley NHS Foundation Trust. I came to the UK in 2000 and have trained in all aspects of my sub-specialist interest of Breast Surgery at well-known tertiary NHS Trusts including Oncoplastic fellowships at Charing Cross Hospital- Imperial College, Guy’s and St Thomas NHS and St George’s NHS Trust.
My research interests are around imaging response to cancer therapies and I have undertaken formal research towards this and was awarded a PhD from Imperial College London in 2011. I have published extensively as well as have numerous regional, national and international publications in various aspects of breast cancer and also from my formal research work.
I follow a multidisciplinary approach to treat breast conditions including cancer to ensure the best clinical outcome for my patients. I have more than 20 years of experience in performing breast surgery including being up to date with all the latest techniques including nipple-saving mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction using the pre-pectoral approach
- Substantive Consultant Breast Surgeon at Frimley NHS Foundation Trust
- Undergraduate degree from Bombay, India
- Postgraduate (Master of Surgery) degree at Tata Memorial Cancer Centre India, trained in all aspects of Oncosurgery
- Charing Cross Hospital- Imperial College
- Guy’s and St Thomas NHS and St George’s NHS Trust
- Breast cancer
- Breast surgery
- Nipple-saving mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction using the pre-pectoral approach
- Imaging response to cancer therapies
- Nipple sparing mastectomy
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Axillary clearance
- Therapeutic mammoplasty
- Oncoplastic breast surgery
- Reconstruction using implant & autologous flaps
- Partial breast reconstruction
- Symmetrisation breast surgery after cancer
- Family history risk assessment for breast cancer
- Association of Breast Surgery UK
- Imperial College Alumni Association
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Frank Doyle (‘Gold’) medal for Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR) exam
- British Heart Foundation Centre for Research Excellence DPhil Fellowship
- CCLG Scholarship to attend ESO-SIOPE Masterclass
- Royal College of Radiologists Cyclotron Trust visiting fellowship
- Cancer Research UK Programme Grant ‘Benefits and Risks of Cancer Treatment’
- Paper– [18F]-3’Deoxy-3′-fluorothymidine positron emission tomography and breast cancer response to docetaxel
Contractor KB, Kenny LM, Stebbing J, Rosso L, Ahmad R et al
Clinical Cancer Research. 2011 Dec 15;17(24):7664-72
- Paper– [11C]choline Positron Emission Tomography (PET) in Estrogen Receptor Positive Breast Cancer
K Contractor, L Kenny, J Stebbing, C Palmieri, A Al-Nahhas et al.
Clinical Cancer Research, September 1, 2009; 15(17): 5503 – 5510
- Paper– Intra-operative imprint cytology for assessing the sentinel node in breast cancer – Results of its routine use over 8 years.
Contractor, M. Gohel, E. Al-Salami, K. Kaur, N. Aqel, E. Nigar, M. Burke, H. Singhal.
European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Jan 2010, Volume 35, Issue 1, Pages 16-20
- Paper– Biological basis of [11C]choline-positron emission tomography in patients with breast cancer: comparison with [18F]fluorothymidine positron emission tomography.
Contractor KB, Kenny LM, Stebbing J, Challapalli A, Al-Nahhas A et al
Nuclear Medicine Communications. 2011, Aug 22
- Reviewer- Annals of Surgery , European Journal of Surgical Oncology