Mr Jas Kalsi is a Consultant Urological Surgeon with a special interest in Andrology and is the Lead for testicular and penile cancer. He also treats sexual dysfunction, male infertility, erectile dysfunction, bladder/kidney stone disease, benign prostate diseases, andrology.
Mr Kalsi is a specialist in the management of men with both erectile and fertility problems using the latest techniques including micro-surgery. He is able to offer a full spectrum of options so that the care of the patient may be individualised.
Mr Kalsi trained in Medicine at UCL Medical School in London and then underwent general surgical training at King's College and The Royal Free Hospitals. Following a period of research into smooth muscle physiology at the Wolfson Institute, UCL, he trained in Urology on the Imperial Higher Urological training programme and subsequently undertook a fellowship in andrological/genito-urethral surgery at the Institute of Urology, UCL.
Mr Kalsi has published and presented extensively in the field of andrology, and previously won the prestigious International Society for Sexual Medicine Young Investigator Award.
He has a passion for treating patients using minimally invasive techniques so that they may return to normal activities quickly.
- Medicine at UCL Medical School in London
- Andrological/genito-urethral surgery, Institute of Urology, UCL
- Benign prostate diseases
- Bladder/ kidney stone disease
- Erectile dysfunction
- Male infertility
- Sexual dysfunction
- Peyronie's disease and congenital penile curvature, laser stone surgery, laser surgery for BPH
- BSC(Hons) First class
- ISSIR Young Investigator of the year
- Should primary microsurgical ligation of varicocele be the gold standard approach? Journal of clinical urology Vol 12, Issue 2, 2019
- In the era of micro-dissection sperm retrieval (m-TESE) is an isolated testicular biopsy necessary in the management of men with non-obstructive azoospermia?BJU Int. 2012 Feb;109(3):418-24.
- Testis sparing surgery for small testicular masses and frozen section assessment. Cent European J Urol. 2018;71(3):304-309.
- Salvage micro-dissection testicular sperm extraction; outcome in men with non-obstructive azoospermia with previous failed sperm retrievals. BJU Int. 2015 Sep;116(3):460-5.
- Erectile dysfunction. BMJ. 2014 Jan 27;348:g129. doi: 10.1136/bmj.g129.
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- European Society of Sexual Medicine
- BAUD Section of Endourology