Mr Giles Davies is a Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon and is the Lead Surgeon Director of Breast Surgery at the BUPA Cromwell Hospital. Mr Davies attended Harrow School and St George’s Hospital Medical School and trained at the Royal Marsden where he completed his MD thesis.
Following a plastic surgery fellowship in Australia, He was then appointed in 2007 as an NHS at Kingston Hospital and the Royal Marsden where he still holds an honorary contract. Since 2016 he has worked fully in private practice and is based at the BUPA Cromwell Hospital where he is a board member and Director of Breast Surgery. He is passionate about outcomes and quality relevant to patients and has been awarded a prestigious iwantgreatcare certificate of excellence for three years in a row 2017-19.
Chairing the Breast Tumour board, he has led the development of the BUPA Cromwell Breast Unit with data driven pathways, an enhanced recovery pathway for flap breast reconstruction and a precision oncology service. This has led to the BUPA Cromwell becoming accredited as the first BUPA Breast Specialist Centre, commited to delivering and measuring high quality cancer care.
- Iwantgreatcare certificate of excellence 2017,2018 and 2019 for outstanding patient feedback and experience
- Shortlisted for Lang-Bouisson Health Care Outcome Catagory award for Breast Service BUPA Cromwell Hospital
- Accreditation as BUPA Breast Specialist Centre
Mr Giles Davies has an interest in the role of Human Papillomavirus and Breast Cancer linked with department of Life Sciences Kingston University and Hamad Hospital Doha Qatar. Internationally presented data.
Publications and affiliations
- Radiotherapy effects on immediate-delayed implant-based breast reconstructions using breast-Q patent-reported outcome measures Chong K, Currie A Davies G EuropeanJournal of Surgical Oncology 2013 May 39: 491
- Using therapeutic mammoplasty to extend the role of breast conserving surgery in women with larger or ptotic breasts. Currie A, Chong K, Davies G. Annals R. Colleg. Surg. Eng 2013: 95
- Ultrasonic dissection versus electrocautery in mastectomy for breast cancer – a meta-analysis..Currie A, Chong K, Davies GL, Cummins RS. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2012 Oct;38(10):897-901.
- Pre-surgical study of the biological effects of the selective cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitor celecoxib in patients with primary breast cancer. Martin LA, Davies GL, Weigel MT, Betambeau N, Hills MJ, Salter J, Walsh G, A’Hern R, Dowsett M. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010 Oct;123(3):829-36..
- Clinical impact of oncoplastic surgery in a specialist breast practice. Kollias J, Davies G, Bochner MA, Gill PG. ANZ J Surg. 2008 Apr;78(4):269-72 Molecular Biology 2003 Sep;86(3-5):495-9
- BSc MD FRCS(Gen Surg)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- International Oncoplastic Breast Reconstruction Fellowship Royal Adelaide Hospital Australia 2006