- British Journal of Surgery Prize for Best Paper, ACPGBI Annual Meeting, Harrogate – June 2009
- Kings Development Award, Kings College London- Oct 2009
- ASCRS Overseas Travelling Fellowship – May 2010
- RSM Coloproctology Fellowship – March 2011
Mr Amyn Haji has a special clinical interest in lower GI surgery and research interests in early colorectal cancer, endoscopic ultrasound, endoscopic resection of colorectal polyps.
Publications & affiliations
- Haji A. Surgical Management of Perianal abscesses – A Trainee’s Perspective. Int Journal of Surgery 2006, Vol. 8, No. 2.
- Haji A. The role of Positron Emission Tomography in the management of recurrent rectal cancer – a review of the literature. British Journal of Hospital Medicine 2007, Vol. 68: 11, 580 – 583.
- Marzouk D, Abou-Zeid, Antoniou A, Haji A, Benziger H. Sinus excision, release of coccy-cutaneous attachments and dermal subcuticular closure (XRD procedure). A novel technique in flattening natal cleft in pilonidal sinus treatment. Annals RCS Eng 2008, Vol 90 (5): 371-376.
- Faiz O, Haji A, Bottle A, Clark S, Darzi A, Aylin P. Elective colonic surgery for cancer in the elderly: an investigation into post operative mortality in English NHS hospitals between 1996 and 2007. Colorectal Disease 2010; PMID: 20412094.
- Faiz O, Haji A, Burns E, Bottle A, Kennedy R, Darzi A, Aylin P. Hospital stay amongst patients undergoing major elective colorectal surgery: predicting prolonged stay and readmissions in NHS hospitals. Colorectal Disease 2010; PMID: 20402737.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons RCS England 2010
- Fellow of ACPGBI Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland 2010