Mr Amer Durrani
BSc (Hons), MB BS, FRCS (England), MSc (Distinction), FRCS (Plast) Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Mr Amer Durrani graduated a doctor from the University of London (MB BS) in 1994, having completed a BSc (Honours) degree in Zoology at King’s College, University of London prior to this.
His specialist training in plastic & reconstructive surgery started in 1998, working in London, Wales & Scotland. He obtained an MSc (Distinction) in Surgical Science from University College London in 2000 and completed his plastic surgery training with subspecialty microsurgical fellowships at the Royal Marsden Hospital and St Thomas’ Hospital in London.
Mr Durrani has been on the GMC register for plastic surgery since 2006, being awarded the FRCS (Plast) at that time, and has worked as a consultant plastic & reconstructive surgeon at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge since 2007.
Since 2009, Mr Durrani has been the plastic surgery lead for skin cancer for Cambridgeshire, based at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, and has a specialist research interest in both melanoma & non-melanoma skin cancer, recruiting to regional and international skin cancer trials.
He set up the regional sentinel lymph node biopsy service for malignant melanoma in 2009 at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, and since then has helped to establish the metastatic melanoma multidisciplinary weekly meeting and more recently introduced the technique of electrochemotherapy for management of advanced skin cancer metastases.
Mr Durrani’s reconstructive surgical practice also encompasses complex reconstruction following cancer resection & major trauma. He regularly undertakes combined cases with other surgical specialities at Addenbrooke’s Hospital including cases with the maxillofacial, ENT, skull base, neurosurgery, gynae-oncology, colorectal, urology, breast, orthopaedic and dermatology (Moh’s surgery) teams.
- Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
- Graduated a doctor from the University of London (MB BS) in 1994, having completed a BSc (Honours) degree in Zoology at King’s College, University of London prior to this.
- Skin cancer
- Management of skin cancer including malignant melanoma
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for malignant melanoma
- Microsurgical reconstruction following cancer & trauma
- Surgical oncology & reconstruction
- Mohs surgery & post-Mohs reconstruction
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Melanoma Study Group
- Awarded the FRCS (Plast)