Special clinical interests in head and neck cancer, neuro-oncology, hormonal therapy and biological therapy.
Dr Griffin specialises in using radiotherapy and chemotherapy to treat thyroid cancers, brain tumours, and head & neck cancers. He uses intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) with image guidance (IGRT) routinely in his clinical practice for the treatment of complex head & neck and brain tumours.
In his NHS post in Nottingham, he is chair of the specialty clinical governance group and is departmental audit lead for oncology, facilitating participation in local and national audit projects to ensure they deliver best clinical practice.
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Oncologist, Nottingham City Hospital
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of the European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ESTRO)
- Member of the British Medical Association (BMA)