Special clinical interest in breast cancer and cancer of unknown primary
Felicity Sarah Paterson is a clinical oncologist specialising in breast cancer with a particular interest in research of chemotherapeutic agents and new radiotherapy techniques. She has been working as a Consultant for 2 and a half years at Royal Surrey and Surrey and Sussex Hospitals Trusts. She has extensive experience of all chemotherapeutic agents commonly used in breast cancer and of endocrine therapy. Felicity is currently PI of 4 breast cancer research trials at Royal Surrey Hospital 2 in follow up and 2 due to start recruiting in the next 2 months.
She also has a keen interest in long term side effects from treatment and breast cancer survivorship. Felicity strongly believes in individualised therapy maximising benefit whilst minimising toxicity.
Since starting as a consultant she has also managed patients with Cancer of Unknown Primary and has a keen interest in developing this practise further and optimising efficient care for these patients.
- Consultant at Royal Surrey and Surrey and Sussex Hospitals Trusts
- Breast Cancer and Cancer of Unknown Primary
- Member of royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of Royal College of Radiologists
- Book Chapter: Second Primary Malignancies after Diagnosis Early Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer Survivorship Springer published December 2016