Special clinical interest in oncology, bladder cancer, bowel cancer, genito-urinary cancer, gynaecological cancer, head & neck oncology, kidney cancer, prostate cancer and skin cancer.
Dr Vasanthan is a Clinical Oncologist providing treatment to cover all tumour types for cancer patients.
Dr Vasanthan trained initially as a surgeon before switching to oncology. He trained at the Christie Hospital Manchester, Clatterbridge Hospital, Cheshire and the Royal Marsden Hospital in London. He is widely experienced in all aspects of oncology.
- Colorectal and Gynaecological Malignancies
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Clinical Oncologist, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
Dr Vasanthan is actively involved in clinical trials:
- In radiotherapy- he was the Principal Investigator for RTO1,PRO7, PROTEC and RADICALS trials
- He was the Principal Investigator for both phase 2 and 3 trials in Radium223 trials
- He also conducted several chemotherapy trials: Principal Investigator in Yondelis phase 2 and 3
- He is the highest recruiter in REQUITE trial-Radio sensitivity trial
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS)
- Fellow of the Faculty of Radiologists of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (FFR RCSI)