Special clinical interest in prostate, bladder, colorectal, colon and haematological cancers.
Dr Mangar has trained in all aspects of clinical oncology, including radiotherapy and chemotherapy, specialising in the delivery of highly conformal image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT) using state-of-the-art techniques such as Intensity Modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for pelvic tumours and high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy for prostate cancers.
His research interests in chemotherapy are to develop treatments for prostate, bladder and colorectal cancers and exploring new chemoradiotherapy regimes for lung cancer.
- Hormone therapy
- Urological cancer
- Chemoradiotherapy for lung cancer
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Functional imaging for prostate cancer
- High Dose Radiotherapy (HDR)
- Prostate brachytherapy
- Novel agents for advanced prostate and bowel cancer
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- Member of the British Breast Group
- Member of the British Gynaecological Cancer Group
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Member of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Breast and Gynaecological Cancer Groups
- Member of the Scottish Gynaecological Cancer Group.