Special clinical interests in urological cancers (prostate and bladder), breast cancer and skin cancers.
Dr Russell was appointed in 2003 as a Consultant Oncologist at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge and Hinchingbrooke Hospital. He joined the Cambridge Urology Partnership in April 2012.
Dr Russell trained at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals London where he was awarded a first-class honours degree with distinction and several academic prizes. Following general medical training at Guy’s Hospital, he undertook his formal oncology training at Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge and University College Hospital, London.
Dr Russell is actively involved in clinical research and has been the principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator of more than thirty national trials.
He lectures widely and teaches on the Royal College of Radiology’s Advanced Radiotherapy Course. He is the secretary of the British Uro-Oncology Group.
- Consultant Oncologist, Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge
- Hinchingbrooke Heath Care NHS Trust
- Image-guided (IGRT)
- Adaptive radiotherapy
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- Member of European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Member of the British Uro-oncology Group (BUG)