Dr Shivan Sivakumar is a medical oncologist with a particular interest in cancers of the pancreas, biliary tree and liver. His predominant employment is with the University of Oxford and he runs a clinical trials programme in all three cancer groups. Dr Sivakumar also runs a translational research programme in pancreatic cancer at the university as there is a high need for novel therapeutics and diagnostics for this cancer.
- Hepatopancreatobiliary oncology
- Drug development in gastrointestinal oncology
- Pancreatic cancer research
- Membership of Royal College of Physicians
- NCRI future of research award 2020
- Sivakumar, S., Abu-Shah, E., Ahern, D., Arbe-Barnes, E.H., Mangal, N., Reddy, S., Rendek, A., Easton, A., Kurz, E., Silva, M. and Heij, L.R., 2020. Immune responses in pancreatic cancer may be restricted by prevalence of activated regulatory T-cells, dysfunctional CD8+ T-cells, and senescent T-cells.bioRxiv.
- Lee, L.Y., Cazier, J.B., Starkey, T., Turnbull, C.D., Team, U.C.C.M.P., Kerr, R. and Middleton, G., 2020. COVID-19 mortality in patients with cancer on chemotherapy or other anticancer treatments: a prospective cohort study.The Lancet.
- De Santiago, I., Yau, C., Heij, L., Middleton, M.R., Markowetz, F., Grabsch, H.I., Dustin, M.L. and Sivakumar, S., 2019. Immunophenotypes of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: Meta‐analysis of transcriptional subtypes.International journal of cancer, 145(4), pp.1125-1137.
- Sivakumar, S., de Santiago, I., Chlon, L. and Markowetz, F., 2017. Master regulators of oncogenic KRAS response in pancreatic cancer: an integrative network biology analysis.PLoS medicine, 14(1), p.e1002223.
- Grabsch, H., Sivakumar, S., Gray, S., Gabbert, H.E. and Müller, W., 2010. HER2 expression in gastric cancer: rare, heterogeneous and of no prognostic value–conclusions from 924 cases of two independent series.Analytical Cellular Pathology, 32(1-2), pp.57-65.