Dr. Raj is a consultant clinical oncologist with experience in treating early-stage and advanced breast cancer using chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and endocrine and biological agents. He is also involved in the development of new treatments like intensity-modulated radiotherapy (a very precise form of radiotherapy), image-guided radiotherapy, and intraoperative radiotherapy (radiotherapy given during surgery).
Dr. Raj is interested in the use of genomics (the study of genes and their functions) and predictive testing in early-stage breast cancer. He is a postgraduate college tutor for the Royal College of Radiology.
Dr. Raj is the principal investigator in over 15 breast trials with National Cancer Research Institute.
- Breast oncology
- Systemic treatments with chemotherapy, hormones and antibody treatment
- Radiotherapy – IMRT and IGRT
- Treating early-stage breast cancer
- Advanced breast cancer
- Biological agents
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (a very precise form of radiotherapy)
- Image guided radiotherapy
- Intraoperative radiotherapy (radiotherapy given during surgery)
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Radiologists
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- British Medical Association
- Merit in MBBS pharmacology