Special clinical interest in breast cancer (including technical breast radiotherapy developments), and cancer of the head & neck including technical developments.
After qualifying from Guy’s and St.Thomas’ Hospitals in 1993, Dr Simcock completed his postgraduate medical training in the South East, including Brighton.
In 1997 he spent time working in palliative care in hospices and at The Royal Marsden Hospital before moving to Charing Cross Hospital as a specialist trainee in oncology. Over the next five years, he worked as an oncologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ and at Mount Vernon, Maidstone and Brighton.
In 2003 he travelled to Australia as a Clinical Research Fellow at the Sydney Cancer Centre working on technical radiotherapy of head & neck cancers.
In 2004 Dr Simcock took up a consultant position at The Sussex Cancer Centre. In Sussex, he treats breast and head & neck cancers. He is the Lead Clinician for Breast Care at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust and Chair of the Sussex Cancer Network Breast Tumour Group. He is Chair of the Specialist Head & Neck Multidisciplinary team for Sussex, and Sussex Cancer Network Lead Clinician for Head & Neck Cancer. In these roles, he is responsible for ensuring high-quality care is delivered to all cancer patients all of the time.
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Sussex Cancer Centre
- Lead Clinician for Breast Care at Park Centre for Breast Care, Brighton
Multidisciplinary working, acupuncture therapy as supportive treatment in cancer (National Chief Investigator of ARIX study); Diet and Lifestyle (Local Principal Investigator for diet and lifestyle study); HPV in head & neck cancer; Novel agents in breast cancer and head and neck cancer (2011, Local Principal Investigator for DCARE, CARIATIDE, EGF 988, TNT trials).
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP Ireland)
- Member of the British Institute of Radiology (BIR)
- Member of the European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ESTRO)
- Member of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Member of the British Oncology Association (BOA).