Special clinical interest in prostate, bladder, kidney and breast cancers.
Omar Din is a specialist Consultant Clinical Oncologist who treats Prostate, Bladder, Kidney and Breast Cancers. His training was at Weston Park Cancer Centre in Sheffield and Christie Hospital in Manchester. Following this, he completed a research MD degree at Sheffield and Leeds Cancer Centres.
He led a research project investigating the effect of adjuvant breast cancer therapy on the musculoskeletal system. An advocate of providing the most up to date treatments for his patients, he has been actively involved in clinical trials and research. He is also the local principal investigator on several national clinical trials. He currently holds the title of Lead Clinician for Radiotherapy at Weston Park Hospital, where he also provides training and educational supervision.
Areas of interest Radiotherapy; Chemotherapy; Biological Treatment, Novel Targeted Anticancer Drug Treatment; Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT); Breast Cancer; Prostate Cancer; Bladder Cancer; Kidney Cancer; IMRT, IGRT, Adaptive Radiotherapy; Systemic Chemotherapy; Immunotherapy; Monoclonal Antibodies; Biological Therapy; Endocrine Oncology; Urological Cancers; Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy; SABR; Radium-223
- Consultant and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer in Clinical Oncology in Urological and Breast Malignancies at Weston Park Cancer Centre, Sheffield
- Breast Cancer: Current opinion of aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia in breast cancer in the UK.
- Renal Cancer: Study of AZD2014 Versus Everolimus in Patients with VEGF-Refractory Metastatic Clear Cell Renal Cancer
- Prostate Cancer: Radiotherapy to the primary tumour for newly diagnosed, metastatic prostate cancer
- Lung Cancer: Accelerated hypo-fractionated radiotherapy for non small cell lung cancer: results from 4 UK centres.
- Palliative: Palliative prostate radiotherapy for symptomatic advanced prostate cancer.
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- British Uro-Oncology Group
- UK Breast Cancer Group
- North of England Breast Cancer Symposium