Special clinical interests include skin cancer and kidney cancer.
Dr Fife has wide experience in the management of skin cancers. She has active clinical research interests and has published widely.
Dr Fife trained in medicine at St George’s Hospital, London and in oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital, Hammersmith and Charing Cross Hospital.
She carried out clinical research in HIV related malignancies and completed an MD in angiogenesis related research at Chelsea and Westminster and Charing Cross Hospitals in 1995-8.
Subsequently, Dr Fife was a locum Consultant and Research Fellow at the Sydney Cancer Centre and Sydney Melanoma Unit, carrying out further laboratory and clinical research.
Dr Fife is now a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge where she was appointed in 2001. Together with Professor Tim Eisen and Dr Athena Matakidou, she runs a large research focussed renal cancer clinic which is one of the largest in the UK.
Dr Fife is also a lung cancer specialist at Peterborough City Hospital.
Her interests are clinical and translational research, and teaching and training of junior doctors.
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist , Cambridge University Hospital
- Kidney (renal) cancer
- Skin cancer – advanced basal cell carcinomas
- Rare skin cancers (such as primary cutaneous lymphomas; Kaposis sarcoma; and Merkel cell carcinoma)
- Radiotherapy for skin cancers and melanoma
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (FRANZCR)