Special clinical interest in breast disease and cancer, chemotherapy, gynaecological cancer, oncology, radiotherapy and skin cancer.
Dr Algurafi is a Consultant Clinical Oncologist. He trained in both chemotherapy and radiotherapy at the Royal Marsden, Charing Cross Hospital, the Hammersmith Hospital, and Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals. His area of interest and expertise is the treatment of breast, gynaecological and skin cancers.
Dr Algurafi is the Southend University Hospital Breast and Gynaecological research lead, and has been the Principal Investigator in more than 25 trials. He is also Chair of the Chemotherapy Mortality group.
- Breast cancer
- Gynaecological cancer
- Skin cancer
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Southend University Hospital Breast and Gynaecological research lead and has been Principle Investigator in over 25 trials.
- Chair of the Chemotherapy Mortality Group, Southend University Hospital NHS Trust.
- Treatment of breast, gynaecological and skin cancers.
- Fellow of the Faculty of Radiologists of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR UK)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP UK)
- Member of the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Member of the Medical Protection Society (MPS)
- Member of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)