Professor Collins is cellular and advanced therapy lead at GenesisCare, Associate Professor of Haematology at Oxford University and Lead of the Haematology and Lymphoma service at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
He is deputy chair of the National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) lymphoma clinical study group, past chair of the Hodgkin and T-cell lymphoma study groups and Clinical Expert on the National CAR-T Clinical Panel for high-grade lymphoma.
His academic interests are in Hodgkin and high-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma and he is chief investigator on a number of investigator-initiated and commercial clinical trials.
He has worked with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence on guidelines for non-Hodgkin lymphoma and has also co-authored the British Society of Haematology guidelines on Hodgkin lymphoma and T-cell lymphoma.
Professor Collins is the founder and co-course director of the national Lymphoma Management Course and is a supervisor for a number of PhD and MD students. He speaks widely at national and international congresses on a variety of lymphoma-related topics.
- Consultant Respiratory physician, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Drug therapy
- Stem cell transplantation
- Development and running of clinical trials in lymphoid disorders
- Clinical trials of novel treatments in Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, Hodgkin Lymphoma and T-cell lymphoma.
- Also active in trials in low grade lymphomas.
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath)
- Member of the British Society of Haematology
- Member of the American Society of Hematology
- Past member of the lymphoma guidelines development group of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Chair of the UK Hodgkin Lymphoma Study group and T-cell lymphoma working group
- Clinical Expert on the National CAR T-cell therapy panel
- Beacon of Hope Award 2013 (Lymphoma Action)