Special clinical interest in thoracic and urological malignancies, including lung cancer, prostate and bladder cancers and kidney cancers.
Dr Kumar is a Consultant Oncologist with special interest in thoracic and urological malignancies, including lung cancer, prostate and bladder cancers, and kidney cancers. He is qualified in the medical management as well as the radiotherapy management of these cancers. He has an interest in Phase 3 clinical trials in these areas and has been a Principal Investigator for several NCRN trials.
- Lung cancer
- Urological cancer
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Lead oncologist for upper GI cancers and renal cancers at Essex County Hospitals, Colchester Hospitals University Foundation Trust
Dr Kumar has a keen interest in clinical research and has been the principal investigator in for several NRCN clinical trials in lung and urological cancers, and a co-author in the publications.
- Member of Royal College of Radiologists (MRCR)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Member of European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology – ESTRO
- Member of British Thoracic Oncology Group
- Member of British Uro-oncology Group (BUG)