Special clinical interest in urological and skin.
After her medical qualification, Dr Zarkar received her postgraduate degree from Mumbai University in 1996. She completed her specialist clinical oncology training in Liverpool and the West Midlands.
She was appointed as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at University Hospital Birmingham in 2006. She is also the visiting Clinical Oncologist at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital. Dr Zarkar is an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the Birmingham University and Principal Investigator (PI) for many national and international clinical trials.
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Oncologist Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
- Visiting Clinical Oncologist at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Member of the British Medical Association (BMA)