Special interests in low-dose CT, dual-energy CT, multi-parametric prostate MRI, whole-body MRI, healthcare screening whole-body MRI
Dr Gogbashian graduated from Imperial College School of Medicine and is a Consultant Oncological Radiologist and lead radiologist for CT at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre.
He was a Research Fellow at The Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA and is the author or co-author of several peer-reviewed papers, review articles and published abstracts. He has been awarded prizes by the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) and Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
Dr Gogbashian has an established reputation in oncological imaging with expertise in a range of cancer and non-cancer pathology, including low-dose CT scanning, dual-energy CT, multiparametric imaging – including prostate MRI and whole-body MRI.
He has one of the largest experiences of reporting whole-body MRI in the UK.
He is part of the Oncology Imaging Group at Genesis Care.
NHS Hospital / affiliated hospitals / current post(s)
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre
- Magna Cum Laude Award for abstract RSNA, Chicago, 2018, ‘Next Generation Imaging in Advanced Prostate Cancer: An Overview’.
- Prize for abstract at RSNA 2012, ‘Whole-body Diffusion-weighted MRI: An Imaging Spectrum of Pitfalls, Unusual Cases, Unexpected Findings and Artifacts’ LL-MSE-TU5B, RSNA, Chicago, December, 2012
- Prize for abstract/poster at ECR 2011. Application of Whole-Body Diffusion Weighted MRI (DW-MRI) in the Assessment of Bony Metastatic Disease and Treatment Response.’ ECR 2011, ECR, March 3-7, 2011
- The Burns prize in physiology (imperial College School of Medicine, 1996)
Clinical Radiation Expert (CRE) for clinical trials at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre
Research interests / Publications & Affiliations Whole-body MRI, low-dose CT and dual-energy CT.
- The Royal College of Radiologists (RCR)
- European Society of Radiology (ESR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)