Special clinical interest in whole-body functional imaging with MRI and PET-CT, image-guided radiotherapy planning and multi-parametric prostate MRI.
Dr Lakhani is a Consultant Radiologist at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, reporting a range of cross-sectional studies including CT, MRI and PET. He is the lead radiologist for the Mount Vernon CyberKnife multidisciplinary meeting.
He completed his medical training at the University of Cambridge and University College London where he graduated with Distinction.
Following completion of his specialist radiology training at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, Dr Lakhani was appointed as Clinical Fellow in Oncological and Genitourinary Imaging at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust where he also performed image-guided onco-interventional procedures.
Dr Lakhani has special interests in whole-body MRI, PET-CT, image-guided radiotherapy planning and multi-parametric prostate MRI. Dr Lakhani is a core member of the specialist Uro-oncology MDT at Imperial College where he works closely with Urologists in the RAPID “one-stop” prostate pathway.
Dr Lakhani is the radiology training lead at Mount Vernon. He is an invited examiner on several FRCR courses and is Clinical Supervisor for radiology trainees at the department.
Dr Lakhani is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London. He has presented internationally, published in international journals and has been awarded national and international prizes.
NHS Hospital / affiliated hospitals / current post(s)
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre & Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Other clinical Interests
- Training, Research
- Clinical Audit
Research interests / Publications & Affiliations
- Functional imaging techniques
- Published in the Lancet, Radiographics and other journals
Professional Memberships & international or national committees
- General Medical Council
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- European Society of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- International Cancer Imaging Society
- Magne Cum Laude award (RSNA, 2018)
- Certificate of Merit (RSNA, 2015)
- Hounsfield Memorial Lecture (Proxime Accessit, Imperial College, 2015)
- Distinction in Medical Finals (UCL, 2009)