Special clinical interest in non-surgical management of prostate and bladder cancers using advanced radiotherapy techniques, brachytherapy, hormone and drug therapies and radionucleotide
Dr Sabharwal trained in London and Oxford, becoming a Consultant Oncologist in Oxford in 2009.
She has a specialist interest in treating urological cancers, primarily with targeted radiotherapy (IMRT and IGRT), as well as low dose rate brachytherapy and with systemic agents (hormones, chemotherapy, biological and radionucleotide therapies). She is an advocate for patient centred care (clear communication, patient choice and informed consent) and is research active, acting as Principle Investigator in a a number of Phase 3 clinical trials. She was Governance lead (2010-19) for Oncology (including Radiotherapy) and in addition Oncology Morbidity and Mortality chair at the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Member of the British Uro-oncology Group (BUG)
- Member of the Medical Protection Society (MPS)
- Member of the British Medical Association (BMA)
- Member of the General Medical Council (GMC)