Special clinical interest in Prostate brachytherapy, Prostate cancer image-guided IMRT radiotherapy, Kidney cancer, Bladder cancer, Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Hormone therapy.
Kent & Canterbury Hospital and Maidstone Hospital.
Royal College of Radiologists
Medical Protection Society
British Uro-oncology Group
Hospital Consultants and Specialists Associations
Image-guided IMRT for prostate and bladder cancer. Prostate brachytherapy.
Prostate brachytherapy, Prostate cancer image-guided IMRT radiotherapy, Kidney cancer, Bladder cancer, Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Hormone therapy.
Associate Editor for Clinical Medicine.
1. A. Edwards, R. Laing, and S. Langley. Favourable long-term outcomes with brachytherapy-based regi- mens in men ≤60 years with clinically localized prostate cancer. BJU Int, 111(8):1181–1182, Jun 2013.
2. A. A. Edwards, E. Keggin, and P. N. Plowman. The developing role for intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) in the non-surgical treatment of brain metastases. Br J Radiol, 83(986):133–136, Feb 2010.
3. A. A. Edwards, R. W. Laing, and S. E. M. Langley. Urological Oncology, chapter 43: Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer, pages 743–772. Springer London, London, 2nd edition, Nov 2015.
4. A. A. Edwards, S. E. M. Langley, E. Chadwick, S. Javed, S. J. Khaksar, J. F. Money-Kyrle, and R. W. Laing. A Competing Risks Analysis of Clinical Outcomes of Prostate LDR Brachytherapy at a Single Institution. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 90(1):S415, Sep 2014.
5. A. A. Edwards and R. L. Mendes. Specialist Training in Oncology, 1e, chapter Head and Neck Cancer, pages 77–88. Number 8. Mosby, 1 2011.
6. A. A. Edwards, F. M. Swords, and P. N. Plowman. Focal radiation therapy for patients with persis- tent/recurrent pituitary adenoma, despite previous radiotherapy. Pituitary, 12(1):30–34, 2009.
7. J. Gough, M. Sridharan, R. Li, R. Raman, A. Edwards, A. Clarke, S. Beesley, H. J. H. Taylor, and K. Lees. Kent experience of radical chemoradiotherapy for muscle invasive bladder cancer. J Clin Oncol, 35(Supplement 6):373, Feb 2017.
8. S. Javed, A. Edwards, E. Chadwick, S. Beveridge, R. Laing, S. Bott, C. Eden, and S. Langley. 1048 Prostate HistoScanningTM: Does it have any role in routine clinical practice? Eur Urol Suppl, 13(1):e1048, Apr 2014.
9. M. Sridharan, R. Raman, and A. Edwards. P-128 Outcomes with watch-and-wait after pelvic radiother- apy for rectal cancer in East Kent. Ann Oncol, 27(S2):ii38, Jun 2016.