Dr Abhro Chaudhuri is a recognised Clinical Oncologist who specialises in the treatment of female and male breast and lung cancer as well as mesothelioma and thymoma with chemotherapy, hormone therapies and radiotherapy. Dr Chaudhuri works at Lincoln Hospital NHS Trust with practicing privileges at our GenesisCare Centre in Nottingham. He introduced concurrent chemo-radiotherapy in non-small cell carcinoma of lung in Lincolnshire with great success. During his time at Lincoln, he has also introduced new radiotherapy techniques including:
- 4DCT planning to account for moment of lung tumours with breathing,
- deep inspiratory breath holding for breast cancers to reduce cardiac toxicity,
- fusion of PET-CT with planning CT in lung cancer radiotherapy to increase accuracy of treatment.
Dr Chaudhuri is currently leading the SABR programme in lung cancer and internal mammary chain radiotherapy development in breast cancer in Lincoln. He is the Principal Investigator of multiple national clinical trials, actively involved in research on the development of treatments for lung and breast cancer, founding member of the Lincoln Breast Group and set up the Lincoln Early Breast Cancer Conference, a 2 yearly international breast cancer conference.
- NHS Hospital: Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Lincoln County Hospital, Lincolnshire
- Breast and lung
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)