Special clinical interests in gynaecological and breast cancers.
Dr Anand is a Consultant Clinical Oncologist with a specialist interest in the treatment of gynaecological and breast cancers.
Dr Anand is currently working as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS trust. She has been in this post since 2010. Prior to her appointment as a consultant she trained as specialist registrar at Nottingham University Hospitals, Derby Royal Infirmary and University Hospitals of Leicester. Her special interests are gynaecological cancers and breast cancers.
She is the Lead Clinician instrumental in the development of HDR intracavitary brachytherapy for cervical and uterine cancers. In addition, she also treats ovarian cancer and has a special interest in the use of PARP inhibitors. She also treats patients with breast cancer using appropriate modalities of treatment- chemotherapy, adjuvant and palliative radiotherapy and endocrine treatment.
NHS Hospital / current post(s)
- Nottingham City Hospital
- Breast cancer and gynaecological cancer
- Hormonal therapy and biological therapy
- Cervix cancer
- Concurrent chemo-radiotherapy
- HDR brachytherapy
- Uterine cancers
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy
- Ovarian cancers
- Adjuvant and palliative chemotherapy
- VEGF inhibitors
- PARP inhibitors
- Adjuvant breast radiotherapy, palliative chemotherapy for breast cancers
- Palliative radiotherapy for pain control
- Endocrine treatment for breast cancers
- Monoclonal antibody treatment
- Ovarian cancer
- Breast radiotherapy
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- European Society of Gynaecological Oncology
- European Society of Radiology and Oncology