Special clinical interest in open and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery including tendon repair, stabilisations, trauma and arthroplasty (joint replacement). Sports injuries of should
Completed undergraduate and postgraduate training in London.
Awarded two prestigious fellowships in shoulder and elbow surgery, one as “Paul Calvert Fellow” working with Andrew Wallace in London, and the other at the internationally renowned Reading Shoulder Unit working with Stephen Copeland and Ofer Levy.
Specialist trained in clinical areas which include open and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery including tendon repair, stabilisations, trauma and arthroplasty (joint replacement).
Completed a MSc (Distinction) in Sports Medicine.
Membership of Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK).
Faculty in international & national shoulder course/conferences.
Rotator Cuff healing, Clinical outcome in shoulder arthroscopic procedures and shoulder replacement. New arthroscopic techniques
- British Shoulder & Elbow Society
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow
- British Medical Association
- European Shoulder Associates section of European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
Awards Received Prizes or other academic distinction
- Distinction in pathology examination of MB BS Nov 1994
- The Institute of Sports Medicine Millennial Bursary Prize July 2000
- Distinction in Sports Medicine MSc Sept 2001
- Kessel Prize for best paper at British Shoulder & March 2010
- Elbow Society meeting
- Active in research and has published and presented extensively on shoulder and elbow surgery, sports injuries, and orthopaedics
- Over 45 “Medline” peer- reviewed publications
- Editor of a textbook in sports medicine and has authored a number of other book chapters in orthopaedics and sports surgery.