Centre for radiotherapy and wellbeing
Offering fast access to cancer treatment in Southampton.
Easy access to treatments and services
Accessing the treatments you need couldn’t be easier. There’s no waiting list -your treatment can usually start within 5 days of referral.
We’re recognised by all the major private medical insurers and we also offer a range of self-pay options. We can help with the paperwork too.
At Southampton we offer:
We’re always pushing the boundaries investing in the most advanced technology to develop better targeted radiotherapy treatments to provide:
- Surface Guided Radiotherapy (SGRT) enabling:
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), daily imaging to accurately target the treatment site.
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) – this technique reduces movement in the area treated. For patients with left sided breast cancer it reduces the risk of damage to the heart. It is also used for patients with cancers of the chest and abdomen.
- o Tattoo free treatments
o Faceless shells for patients with brain and head and neck cancers – this provides a less claustrophobic experience
o Quick daily treatment set-up reducing the time you spend in the centre each day
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy (SABR) delivers fewer but larger doses of radiotherapy to treat certain cancers. This can significantly reduce your treatment period.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) We offer VMAT to all patients. This includes patients needing palliative treatment who we normally treat within 2 days.
- Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) is suitable for low-risk patients and has significantly fewer side effects offering better cosmetic outcomes without compromising long-term clinical outcomes.
- SpaceOAR Hydrogel – this implant can improve the short and long-term side-effects of prostate radiotherapy treatment. And is available to all men who would benefit at no additional cost.
- Photobiomodulation Therapy (PBMT) – is the application of light, a low-level laser which is targeted to various parts of the cheek, mouth and oral cavity and is proven to reduce the side effects for patients with head & neck cancers.
We believe that its important to not just treat your cancer but to treat you. We work with Penny Brohn UK, to provide complementary therapies as part of your treatment at no additional cost to you or your insurance company. These include counselling and holistic treatments such as, reflexology and relaxation as well as mindfulness meditation for our patients and their families.
The little big things
Parking, transport and appointment times – they all matter. We’ll do everything we can to help you get on with your life throughout your treatment plan.
And that’s why we offer:
- Fast access when you need it
- A carefully scheduled treatment programme
- A choice of consultation times
- A comfortable, modern, calm and relaxing environment
- Free on-site parking
- Friendly and supportive team
- A wellbeing programme to support you through your treatment
- A private car service for radiotherapy patients if required
We have a whole team of experts – from consultant oncologists, haematologists, and radiologists to specialist nurses, radiographers, wellbeing practitioners and patient support staff. And they’re all here to help you.
Once you’re referred to us, we’ll contact you to arrange an initial planning appointment. We will talk you through what to expect and answer any questions you have.
Getting to GenesisCare, Southampton
From the noth and A3
At Chilworth continue from the M3 onto the A33. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto the A33 (Bassett Avenue). At the next roundabout take the second exit onto the A35 (Winchester Road) for 0.6 miles. At the next roundabout, take the second exit and continue along Winchester Road for 0.5 miles. Turn right into Dale Road. At the second mini-roundabout, take the first exit onto Tremona Road. Chalybeate Close is the first turning on the left.
From the east, M27
Leave M27 at junction 3. At the roundabout, take the first exit onto the M271 for 1.5 miles. Follow directions from the A3024 as below.
From the west, 27
Leave M27 at junction 3. At the roundabout, take the third exit onto the M271 towards Southampton for 1.5 miles. At the roundabout, take the first exit onto the A3024 for 0.6 miles, keeping in the left-hand lane. At the roundabout, take the second exit onto A35 (Tebourba Way) for 0.8 miles. Continue straight across the crossroads onto the A35 (Winchester Road). Take the first left onto Warren Avenue, and at the mini roundabout take the third exit onto Tremona Road. Chalybeate Close is the second turning on the right.
By Rail and Southampton International Airport
GenesisCare is based within at Spire Southampton Hospital can be reached in 10 minutes by taxi from Southampton central station. Alternatively, Southampton Parkway station and Southampton International Airport are about 15 minutes away.