Dr Sarah Bergamin
MBBS (Hons), BSc (Hons), MEd (HPE), FRANZCR, Radiation Oncologist
Clinical interest in lung cancer, head and neck cancer, skin cancer, palliative radiotherapy, stereotactic radiotherapy, SRS
Sarah Bergamin is a Radiation Oncologist with sub-speciality interests in lung cancer, head and neck cancer, skin cancer, SBRT, adaptive and palliative radiotherapy. Graduating with first class honours from UNSW, she undertook specialist radiation oncology training at Royal North Shore Hospital, Westmead Hospital and The Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, and received the Kaye Scott Prize for the most outstanding performance in the Radiation Oncology examinations.
Sarah belongs to the Thoracic Oncology Group of Australasia, Australian and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society, and the Australian and New Zealand Palliative Radiation Oncology Group. She is an investigator on prospective lung, breast and palliative national clinical trials, and has published in several oncology journals.
Sarah’s other main interest is medical education and training. She has a Master of Health Professional Education, is a Clinical Associate Lecturer with the University of Sydney and is chair of the Radiation Oncology Mentor Program.
Kaye Scott Prize for the most outstanding performance in the Radiation Oncology examinations
Head and neck cancer survivorship, dose escalated palliative radiation, simless palliative radiation, adaptive radiotherapy, lung SBRT
- Bergamin S, Eade T, Kneebone A, Booth J, Hsiao E, Schembri GP, Szymura K, Le A, Kwong C, Brown C, Hunter J, Hruby G. Interim Results of a Prospective Prostate-Specific Membrane Antigen-Directed Focal Stereotactic Reirradiation Trial for Locally Recurrent Prostate Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2020 Dec 1;108(5):1172-1178. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2020.07.014. Epub 2020 Jul 11. PMID: 32659332.
- Bergamin S, Tio M, Stevens MJ. Prophylactic procedure tract radiotherapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Clin Transl Radiat Oncol. 2018 Sep 18;13:38-43. doi: 10.1016/j.ctro.2018.09.004. PMID: 30302406; PMCID: PMC6174826.
- Bergamin S, Eade T, Kneebone A, Kench JG, Sved P, Biset JF, Hruby G. Ductal Carcinoma of the Prostate: An Uncommon Entity With Atypical Behaviour. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2019 Feb;31(2):108-114. doi: 10.1016/j.clon.2018.10.011. Epub 2018 Nov 22. PMID: 30471806.
- Kneebone A, Bergamin S. Salvage Treatment for Biochemical Failure After Radical Prostatectomy: Do We Now Have the Answers? Eur Urol. 2020 Jun;77(6):699-700. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2020.01.028. Epub 2020 Feb 18. PMID: 32081516.
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiology (RANZCR)
- Thoracic Oncology Group of Australasia (TOGA), Australian and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society (ANZHNCS)
- Australian and New Zealand Palliative Radiation Oncology Group (APROSIG)
- International Radiation Oncology Education Collaborative Study Group