We understand that GPs are concerned about cancer patients currently in their care. Right now, it has never been more important to ensure that cancer treatment pathways continue to be available to those in need. GenesisCare is offering independent treatment options that remain open and immediately available to patients across the UK.
Each of our centres offers a range of services for our patients, services offered include*
- 3T MRI, fMRI, mpMRI, PET/CT, CT and ultrasound imaging
- Genetic and genomic testing
- Rapid Access Haematology Clinic
- Rapid Access Urology Clinic
- One Stop Breast Clinic
- Gynaecology diagnostics
- Blood testing
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
- Image-guided and surface-guided radiotherapy
- Stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR)
- MRI-guided MRIdian radiotherapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Deep inspiration breath hold
- Private chemotherapy suites with one-to-one nursing
177Lutetium PSMA therapy (Theranostics) for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer
- We’re the only private provider in the UK to embed a specialist wellbeing service within our clinical care pathway. We deliver this through a unique partnership with Penny Brohn UK – an evidence based charity that uses a proven integrated care plan, helping patients pay attention to their mind, body, spirit and emotions as an important component of their cancer experience, and we’re also able to support patients with a remote wellbeing support service
- Patients are prescribed a personalised, 12 week exercise medicine programme tailored to their specific needs and led by our physiotherapists both in centre and remotely through our GenesisCare exercise medicine app, allowing them to work closely with the patients to monitor changes in their health and side effects
Keeping our patients and staff safe
During the COVID-19 outbreak, our specialist outpatient oncology centres all have rigorous screening and infection control procedures in place to ensure we can continue to treat cancer patients safely and without delay. These include pre-visit screening and secure Telehealth consultations where possible to minimise risk to our patients. We are operating with a full workforce capacity and, together with our team of oncologists, we have adapted our processes and treatment protocols to maintain full cancer treatment pathways including diagnostics and advanced radiotherapy. Our commitment is to ensure that every patient can continue their care without disruption so they can achieve the best possible treatment outcome.
Our COVID-19 screening measures are also in place across our private transport service, which is available to patients depending on treatment and location, to maintain safety during their journey to and from our centre.
Refer a patient
For diagnostics, a GP referral letter is usually required, and we can support the patient’s application to gain approval as quickly as possible. We are recognised by all private health insurers. For patients who wish to self-fund, prices are available by calling the centre.
We work with a large team of world-class oncologists and surgeons in your area. If you would like to find out more about our services or treatment pathways or if you have any questions that I can answer for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by phone or email.
*Services vary from centre to centre. Please see Our Centres for the latest information.