Special clinical interests in melanoma, skin, sarcoma, lymphoma, neurological (SRS).
Angela Hong is a Clinical Professor at the University of Sydney. Her expertise is in the management of melanoma and skin cancer, bone and soft tissue tumour (sarcoma), stereotactic radiosurgery and lymphoma. She is a clinician-scientist and is committed to both clinical and basic science research to advance the field of radiation oncology.
Professor Hong completed her undergraduate medical degree at the University of Sydney. She then moved to the USA to take up research role at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York and the University of California, Davis. She returned to Australia to start her specialist training in radiation oncology at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and completed her Master of Medicine and PhD degrees at the University of Sydney. She was awarded the prestigious Kaye Scott Prize by the Royal Australia and New Zealand of Radiologists for her exceptional performance during the fellowship examination.
Professor Hong is the author of over 100 peer-reviewed publications and treatment guidelines including the Australian Melanoma Clinical Practice Guideline and UptoDate. She is the principal investigator of several clinical trials in melanoma and sarcoma.
Professor Hong regularly presents at international conferences as well as locally to other specialists, registrars and allied health.
- Scolyer, R., Atkinson, V., Gyorki, D., Lambie, D., O'Toole, S., Saw, R., Amanuel, B., Angel, C., Button-Sloan, A., Carlino, M., Ch'ng, S., Daneshvar, D., Esteves Domingues Pires da Silva, I., Ferguson, P., Gill, A., Gupta, R., Hong, A., Howle, J., Jackett, L., Lee, C., et al (2022). BRAF mutation testing for patients diagnosed with stage III or stage IV melanoma: practical guidance for the Australian setting. Pathology, 54(1), 6-19.
- Rocha, L., Vilain, R., Scolyer, R., Lo, S., Drummond, M., Star, P., Fogarty, G., Hong, A., Guitera, P. (2022). Confocal microscopy, dermoscopy, and histopathology features of atypical intraepidermal melanocytic proliferations associated with evolution to melanoma insitu. International Journal Of Dermatology, 61(2), 167-174.
- Der Sarkissian, S., Wong, X., Kossard, S., Hong, A., Sebaratnam, D. (2022). Kaposiform haemangioendothelioma in an adult: lack of response to topical sirolimus and response to radiotherapy. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, 47(1), 192-193.
- Zhou, D., Bhadri, V., Luk, P., Ch'ng, S., Franks, D., Hong, A. (2022). Left cheek sclerosing rhabdomyosarcoma and development of isolated free flap donor site metastasis. BMJ Case Reports, 15(4), e248390.
- Connolly, E., Bhadri, V., Wake, J., Ingley, K., Lewin, J., Bae, S., Wong, D., Long, A., Pryor, D., Thompson, S., Strach, M., Grimison, P., Hong, A., et al (2022). Systemic treatments and outcomes in CIC-rearranged Sarcoma: A national multi-centre clinicopathological series and literature review. Cancer Medicine, 11(8), 1805-1816. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cam4.4580
- Yaseen, Z., Gide, T., Conway, J.,Potter, A., Quek, C., Hong, A., Long, G., Scolyer, R., Willmott, J. (2022). Validation of an Accurate Automated Multiplex Immunofluorescence Method for Immuno-Profiling Melanoma. Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences, 9(810858), 1-16.